- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.eVyALSMd.dpuf born and raised: It's It... Fresh Mint!

Friday, July 30, 2010

It's It... Fresh Mint!

I've been experimenting with ice cream lately. My KitchenAid ice cream attachment and I have so far produced several flavors, some so-so (strawberry-rose), others revelatory (fresh lemon ice cream!) .

Like most things we create in our kitchen, I went to the garden in the backyard for inspiration. The first thing to catch my eye was our herb barrel overflowing with electric-green mint.

I steeped two cups of fresh mint leaves in cream for an hour and was delighted to find a beautiful emerald infusion. The rest was simple*.

After tasting this mint ice cream, I don't think I have ever had fresh mint ice cream. It's an amazing grassy mint flavor. It tastes like it's growing.



I chopped some good dark chocolate and added it to the ice cream, and then decided to go one further and make chocolate ice cream sandwiches.




We are off to Sea View for four days and the sandwiches will be a good way to transport the ice cream, and share something special with our guests.





*If you're looking for an excellent book on making ice cream, I recommend David Lebovitz's The Perfect Scoop.

No comments:

Post a Comment