- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.eVyALSMd.dpuf born and raised: I Love, Love And Apples

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

I Love, Love And Apples

Apples are so romantic.  There are dozens of myths and lore and superstitions all over the world involving apple, yet I find them romantic because they are candy sweet and common place.  If you have been reading this blog you know I love simple things.  It is the simple and common that can be so extraordinary when it is, what it is.  For example, the satisfaction one experiences when biting into a ripe, beautiful, apple.


Apples are a wonderful dessert.  I wanted to make, a really special dessert without doing anything to our perfect apple.  An apple tart.  It looks incredible, and the apple is truely the star.

Preheat the oven to 400
Peel, core, and thinly slice approximately 3lbs of apples (make sure your apples are ripe and delicious, I like mine slightly tart)
Roll out some of the best tart dough (see previous post).  I rolled mine into a rectangle, but maybe you prefer circles, or maybe even a heart shape?  In any case, transfer the dough to a baking sheet, and put it in the icebox to firm up (10 minutes or so)
Remove from the refrigerator and arrange the apple slices fanned out overlapping each other
Brush the top of the apples with melted butter and lightly dust with sugar.
Bake for 45 minuets.
When the tart comes out it is quite common to brush the apples with an apricot jam glaze, I didnt have any (but if you have an apricot tree, I would be happy to help you use your fruit, let me know!) so I decided to brush the apples with my apple rosemary jelly. 
Simply warm the jam or jelly in a water bath to make it runny enough to brush on.


Once cool offer a slice to someone you love (yourself, maybe?).  These are sexy apples.  
LOVE

No comments:

Post a Comment