- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.eVyALSMd.dpuf born and raised: Every Morning is a Gift

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Every Morning is a Gift

Yesterday, when feeding the chickens and filling up their water, I saw it. A perfect little egg, light brown and beautiful. I literally shrieked, "Nick, Nick, the chickens laid an egg! It's a birthday miracle!" Perhaps that was going a little overboard but I was excited.


This is our little egg sitting in the amazing chair Chelsea made.


I blew the innards out of our first one so we could save the shell, and to my delight this morning there was another beautiful brown egg waiting for me, still warm.

So Nick had it for breakfast.
It seems to me only one girl is laying right now, but it is only a matter of time before we are up to our ears in fresh beautiful eggs.

No comments:

Post a Comment