- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.eVyALSMd.dpuf born and raised: Thanksgiving

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Thanksgiving

I love Thanksgiving. I love getting together with so much of my family, I love the warmth, I love the food. The whole family loves the food, and we don't skimp or pace ourselves. It is not uncommon to be stuffed with all the delicious hors d'oeurves before dinner is even ready. I am bringing an easy cheese plate with crackers, caramelized onions, crusted squash, nasturtium greens, and homemade jam. There will be multiple other starting dishes, wine, and cocktails- last year my cousin, the hostess, made incredible cranberry martinis.


When diner is ready in the late afternoon I take a deep breath and dig in. Oof! After dinner I give thanks for the tradition of serving Akvavit, a digestive, because dessert is not far behind.




I was inspired to bring a dessert this year too, but I wanted to bring something to brighten us up after all the rich food. I decided to make cranberry sorbet.




This sorbet is tart and bright and the color makes me so happy. I can't wait to share with my family.




Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment